Monday 10 February 2014

The beginning...

Hi, my name is Colleen Reid and this blog is about my journey as a Primary Science fellow.

I am a primary school teacher at Port Ahuriri School. Its in the beautiful seaside village of Ahuriri in Napier. Check out our school website here:
www.portahuriri.school.nz

I was lucky enough to be awarded a Royal Society Primary Science Fellowship for this year. During the next few months I will work at Food and Plant Research in Havelock North, as well as attend curriculum development courses and a leadership course.

The purpose of the fellowship is to improve our knowledge and understanding of the nature of science through total immersion in the science field, and to become effective primary school science curriculum leaders. At the end of my fellowship I hope to take my knowledge and skills back to my school and help the children develop their interests and desire to learn about science.

To find out more information about the Primary Science Fellowship look at their website:
http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/teaching-learning/teacher-fellowships/primary-science/


No comments:

Post a Comment