Monday 24 February 2014

Hiding in the maize once again

Its been two weeks since the last harvest at this site so once again we don our overalls and gloves and dive in amongst the maize looking for those elusive plots to gather samples from. The maize was slightly lighter to carry because it had aged and was drying out, but scratchier and denser. It started off cooler but soon warmed up as the sun came out and there was no breeze coming through. Two and a half hours later we were done and heading back to the shed to start gathering the data needed.

I did have one moment near the end where I was the last in the maize with 3 samples to carry out. Unfortunately I didn't know which way to the path. I figured if I stayed put someone would come to guide me out, which they did. They did wonder why I was taking so long to come out...



One of our team working in the maize ahead.
Can you see the way through?

 With the maize waiting to be found...
(I took the photo)
 
The last samples to be carried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment